This page explains how the Association for International Cancer Research (AICR) uses any information you give to us, and the ways in which we protect your privacy.
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any personal information we collect from you. We are committed to protecting your information and use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. We will only share your details with selected third parties if you consent to this.
AICR will not transfer your information to countries outside the EEA, unless you are applying to us for a project grant – this is detailed when you apply for a grant. If we do make such a transfer we will ensure that there are appropriate procedures in place to protect your information.
When do we collect personal information?
- When you make an enquiry to AICR, make a donation, register for information, make an application to us or otherwise provide us with your details we will collect your personal information. We may occasionally receive your personal details from third parties who feel you may be interested in our work.
What information do we collect?
- AICR may collect several types of personal information including; your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, year of birth, taxpayer status and if you choose to make a regular gift, your bank details. If you choose to share your experiences of cancer we will also collect your health information or that of a friend or relative.
Website usage information
- When you use our website we gather information on how visitors are using the site for analysis purposes.
- We analyse log file information from all our visitors, which we use to make changes to the layout of the site and to the information in it, based on the way that visitors move around it. Log files do not contain any personal information and they are not used to identify any individual patterns of use of the site.
- You can read our full cookie's statement here.
How does AICR use the data collected?
- We use your details to provide you with information and services you have requested, to process your donation, for administrative purposes and for our fundraising activities if you consent to this. This may involve passing your information on to our third party agents and service providers who are contracted by AICR in order to fulfil the business purposes of the charity. We may also supplement the information we hold about you by obtaining further information from reputable third party companies.
Third party disclosures
- AICR does not trade or share personal information with any other organisation without your explicit consent and we will only pass on your name and address details. We may pass your information on to our third party agents and service providers who are contracted by AICR in order to fulfil the business purposes of the charity. We may also disclose your information if required to do so by law.
- Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of any information we hold about you and to update any inaccurate information. AICR reserves the right to charge a small administrative fee for any information request. Should any of your personal details change, or you would like to make a request please write to us at Madras House, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9EH or contact us at email@example.com.