EACR Travel fellowships
This Travel Fellowship scheme typically provides awards of up to €2500 (or €4000 match-funded) to fund collaborative or educational trips to centres of excellence around the world or attendance at practical workshops and courses. The scheme is designed to assist cancer researchers who are PhD students or have less than four years post-doctoral experience.
- The scheme is open to those who have been a member of the EACR for at least 12 months and all applications must be supported and signed by two members of the EACR.
- The value of each award is typically up to €2500 - exceptions will be considered where a strong case can be made.
- Longer stay awards: where a longer fellowship is desirable, perhaps comprising two periods of research collaboration, EACR will provide 50% match funding up to €4000. Applicants must clearly indicate the source of match funding on such applications as EACR will wish to make contact with the co-funders.
- EACR Travel Fellowships are intended to support research on the basis of technical exchange, including participation at practical workshops and courses, but not attendance at scientific meetings or conferences.
- Members who are based outside Europe must plan their visit to a country within Europe.
- There are no specific submission dates for applications and therefore applicants should allow adequate time between submitting their application to be evaluated and the date they wish to travel.
For more details please visit the EACR website.
You can read about some of our recent Travel Fellowship award winners in the EACR Yearbook, which is available on the EACR website here.