If you have not applied to us before we urge you to read this page for the key points about our funding system: What to consider before applying.
There are two application rounds per year
October 2014 Round
Opening date: 1st September 2014
Submissions open: 1st October 2014
Closing date: Friday 31st October 2014
Relevant Committee Meeting: April 2015
Applicants told results: April 2015
Funding Commences: From 1st June 2015
April 2015 Round
To apply for a grant from AICR you must use our on-line grant application system
1. There will be two rounds of applications in each year, with submissions accepted in April and October.
2. You can access the on-line grant application system at any time to prepare an application, but you can only submit them during the respective submission window: during the months of April and October.
3. The deadlines for submission will be the last Friday in April and the last Friday in October.
4. REMEMBER – after the applicant has pressed the 'Submit' button, both the Head of Department and Authorising Officer must approve the submission (one after the other, in that order). Both approvals must be done before the submission deadline.
5. All applications received in the round will be accepted providing that they are correctly completed in accordance with AICR instructions and subject to verification from our Head of Science that the proposed research is within our remit and conforms to our policies. There will then be an initial triage by the AICR Scientific Advisory Committee assessing all of the applications and removing those which they consider do not merit further assessment or peer review. Applicants are notified as soon as possible if their application has been rejected at this stage. There will be no feedback for applications rejected at this stage, nor will we enter into any discussion or debate.
6. Applications which do not meet the conditions laid down in the Project Grant Application Handbook will be rejected.
7. The submission of a grant application to AICR will be taken as a declaration that all our instructions and advice documents have been complied with and that the applicant and the host institution agree with all of our terms and conditions. The current version of the AICR award agreement is included in the Project Grant Application Handbook and this should be brought to the attention of the relevant departments at your institution before an application is submitted.