If you have not applied to us before we urge you to read this page for the key points about our funding system: What to consider before applying.
Essential information about the type of research we support, who can apply, when you can apply, what we will fund, how to apply and how your application will be assessed can be found in these documents:
Project Grant Application Handbook
** We will be unable to respond to scientific queries (e.g. about funding remit or PI eligibility) after 10th April. If you wish to apply in the current round and have a question that may fall into this category, please ensure you contact us before this date. **
There are two application rounds per year
|October 2012 Round
Opening date: 5th July 2012
Submissions open: 1st October 2012
Closing date: Friday 26th October 2012
Relevant Committee Meeting: March 2013
Applicants told results: April 2013
Funding Commences: on or after 1st June 2013
April 2013 Round
To apply for a grant from AICR you must use our on-line grant application system
1. There will be two rounds of applications in each year, with submissions accepted in April and October.
2. You can access the on-line grant application system at any time to prepare an application, but you can only submit them during the respective submission window: during the months of April and October.
3. The deadlines for submission will be the last Friday in April and the last Friday in October.
4. REMEMBER – after the applicant has pressed the 'Submit' button, both the Head of Department and Authorising Officer must approve the submission (one after the other, in that order). Both approvals must be done before the submission deadline.
5. All applications received in the round will be accepted providing that they are correctly completed in accordance with AICR instructions and subject to verification from our Head of Science that the proposed research is within our remit and conforms to our policies. There will then be an initial triage by the AICR Scientific Advisory Committee assessing all of the applications and removing those which they consider do not merit further assessment or peer review. Applicants are notified as soon as possible if their application has been rejected at this stage. There will be no feedback for applications rejected at this stage, nor will we enter into any discussion or debate.
6. Applications which do not meet the conditions laid down in the Project Grant Application Handbook will be rejected.
7. The submission of a grant application to AICR will be taken as a declaration that all our instructions and advice documents have been complied with and that the applicant and the host institution agree with all of our terms and conditions. The current version of the AICR award agreement is included in the Project Grant Application Handbook and this should be brought to the attention of the relevant departments at your institution before an application is submitted.