What was the Big Blast?
The AICR Big Blast, was an event held to raise money towards cancer research. AICR have been in Secondlife since 2007 and have held a lot of in-world events. These fun events have helped raise a great deal of money and in the process all of the participants have had a good time.
AICR also have their very own island! On the island there are villas to rent, a fashion show area, cancer information area, shops and their very own club. All money raised from the villa rentals and shops goes towards funding cancer research. A lot of users have praised AICR on the level of detail found at the cancer information area, located on the island.
What happened at this event?
The event started on the 27th of February 2009, and continued right through until the end of March. The first two days of this event (27th and 28th Feb) contained the following attractions with different auction candidates and singers and DJs each night:
- Win A Date Auction (10 auction candidates each night - 27th and 28th) : This event has been very successful for AICR, managing to raise a large amount of money. The candidates and participants enjoy the interaction and know that they are helping a charity in the process. The auction was to win a one hour date with a user. Previous dates have ranged from surfing lessons, horseriding and even concerts.
- Popular Second Life Singer : A popular Secondlife singer performed for one hour, to entertain the users and raise more donations for AICR.
- Secondlife DJ : A specially selected DJ performed for one hour and entertained the users at this event and also raised more donations for AICR.
- Photographers : A SL photographer was there to take professional photographs and 100% of the profits went to AICR.
- Carnival Rides : There was a selected amount of carnival rides to ride on.
The above list was repeated with a new DJ, new Singer and 10 new candidates on the 28th.
And then there was more!!
The next 26 days in March had a different club every night either holding a small DJ or singing event where users from around Secondlife were introduced to a new singer/DJ or club that they might not have seen before.
To see the full list of events that took place in March click here.