EACR Travel fellowships
The EACR Travel Fellowship scheme, supported by AICR, typically provides awards of up to €2500 (or €4000 match-funded) to fund collaborative or educational trips to centres of excellence around the world and attendance at training courses and workshops. The scheme is designed to assist postgraduate students and early-career researchers with less than 10 years post-doctoral experience.
- The scheme is open to those who have been Student or Active members of the Association for at least 12 months prior to the application and all applicants must be sponsored by two members of the EACR.
- The value of each award is typically up to 2,500 Euros - exceptions will be considered where a strong case can be made.
- Longer-Stay Awards: Where a longer fellowship is desirable, perhaps comprising two periods of research collaboration, EACR will provide 50% match funding up to 4,000 Euros. Applicants must clearly indicate the source of match funding on such applications as EACR will wish to make contact with the co-funders.
- Applications are open to attend centres of excellence, workshops and courses worldwide. Please note that members who are based outside Europe must plan their visit to a country within Europe.
- There are three deadlines each year for the submission of applications: 31 March, 31 July and 30 November.
- Applicants will be notified of the award approximately two months after each deadline.
For more details please visit the EACR website.
You can read about some of our recent Travel Fellowship award winners in the Year Book here. A full copy of the annual 2010 EACR Yearbook is available online from the EACR website.